Networks and memberships
IATA is an international trade body, created over 60 years ago by a group of airlines. Today, IATA represents some 230 airlines comprising 93% of scheduled international air traffic. The organization also represents, leads and serves the airline industry in general.
Visit their website IATA
FIATA, a non-governmental organisation, represents today an industry covering approximately 40,000 forwarding and logistics firms, also known as the “Architects of Transport”, employing around 8 – 10 million people in 150 countries.
Visit their website FIATA
BAFI is an organisation
- Uniting the airfreight forwarding industry within Belgium
- Representing, promoting and protecting the interests of this industry by participating as advisors or experts in meetings of national and international bodies dealing with transportation of airfreight
- Familiarizing trade and industry and the public at large with the services rendered by freight forwarders through the dissemination of information, distribution of publications, etc.
- Improving the quality of services rendered by freight transport industry by developing and promoting uniform forwarding documents, standard trading conditions, etc.
- Assisting with vocational training for all players within the airfreight forwarding industry, liability insurance problems, supply chain security, tools for electronic commerce, including electronic data interchange (EDI) and bar-coding, RFID, etc
Visit their website BAFI
The WorldWide Partnership CargoLink Network (WWPC) is committed to providing the International Trade Community with a high value service in all areas of International Transportation by:
- Linking Cargo Logistic Forwarders in a Worldwide Partnership;
- Thereby enabling their customers, importers/exporters, to concentrate on their core activity.
Visit their website WWPC
C5C is a network of competent and reliable freight professionals. The strong support their members provide to one another has a favourable impact on each and every member’s business.
Visit their website C5C